Far away from home, but close to God
Welcome to Mannheim! There are a lot of Christian churches in Mannheim. Our church is called FeG (Freie evangelische Gemeinde: free evangelical church) and we are a growing and open-minded church in Mannheim. We offer various options to take part in our church, for example cell groups/small groups, youth groups and a church service for all on Sunday morning.
The church service is the heartbeat of our church. We meet in the name of the Father, the Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. Here we worship and thank God through song and prayer, read the bible and listen to a sermon.
After the church service, there is plenty of time to get to know and talk to each other in our stand-up café. On a regular basis, we eat together after the service (bring & share). Young people sometimes organize trips or invite others to play popular board games afterwards.
Translation during Sunday services
I’m happy to announce to you that this church service now also speaks your language! There are a lot of people in our church who speak English fluently. That’s why we decided to offer a translation of the sermon or the entire church service into English. We use smart phones and a special app (free!): We use the app ”plumble” for Android or “Mumblefy” for iOS (click the names for the download). It would be helpful to download it before coming to church, but we will provide other smart phones if you forgot to do so.
We will explain to you how things work, don’t worry. If you don’t have a smart phone and headphones, we will lend them to you for the service.
Where is the church service and how do I get there?
- Location: Eisenbahnstraße 14, 68199 Mannheim
- Time: Sunday Church Service, 10:10 a.m.
- Directions: You can take the Bus 710 or the Tram 1 and get off at Station „Neckarau Bahnhof, Mannheim“. From here it is easy to find: Follow the route on google maps. You have to use the tunnel below the rails.
Some people from our church take the train too, so we can set a meeting point in front of the main station in Mannheim and go together to the church service. If you would like to join us, please contact me (Stefan Schnabel; eMail: Schnabel.Ste@googlemail.com; phone 01575 32 88 173)
What we believe – our Creed
Do you know the Apostles’ Creed? When we confess our faith during the church service, we say it together out loud.
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit
and born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy Christian Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen
For me, this Creed contains a lot of important aspects of our faith in a beautiful way.
Connected with Jesus; united in Christ
As a local church we don’t work just by ourselves but we are part of a network of Christian churches called the “Evangelische Allianz Mannheim”. With this network, we organize outreaches in Mannheim or 24/7 prayer weeks.
The doctrinal of the World Evangelical Alliance shall be the central truths of Christianity, as revealed in Scripture, including:
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all people since the fall, rendering them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial death (as our representative and substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and his ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one holy universal Church which is the body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Now you have read a lot about us. Now we would be delighted to meet you in person! If you have a question or don’t know how to get to the church service, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Anita and Stefan Schnabel
Rüdesheimer Straße 4
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0621 – 30 78 60 99
- Mobile: 01575 32 88 173
More information about churches in Mannheim can be found on the page www.jesus-in-mannheim.de . for students there are also christian student associations: SMD Mannheim and the SfC Mannheim. For christian books and gifts exists also a sweet shop called Alpha-Buchhandlung.